Saturday, July 12, 2008

See Stuff, Scrap Stuff

So my July Jenni Bowlin kit arrived in the mail today...along with these embellies, which are just, well, charming. For some reason, though, the addition of even more charming embellishments to my already very charming stash led me down a path that I do not take very often. Since I had to make room for more schtuff, I actually...

CLEANED.

I know. Me?
Well, I also blame Wal-mart for my organizational impulse. I found a very cheap, very practical "tackle box"-type thingie for organizing my embellies...well, a FRACTION of them. I love all of the colors and textures peeking out of these little compartments. It was tough to take all of the embellies out of their cutesy little silver tins and glassine envelopes, but c'mon -- it had to be done. I can't even count how many times I exclaimed, "Oh, I forgot about THIS!" today. I'm subscribing to a new scrappy mantra -- see stuff, scrap stuff. Out of sight, out of mind, right?

While at Wal-mart, I also sold my soul...

Yep, Martha Stewart possessed me in one of the craft aisles. Forget the negative buzz that surrounded poor Martha's products when they first came out. The woman has a bad rap, but maybe we need more girls who behave badly in the paper-and-glue arena. That's right, you heard me. Martha is one crafty ex-con.

So there you have it. I've been Marthafied. I couldn't resist the butterfly punch. I mean, I've been trying to track down this little gem for months now. As far as the tags -- my favorite colors all in one two buck bag? Oh, please, no argument there. Then there are the pens -- which I need. They're a staple. These little goodies are -- dare I say it? -- just charming.

Now, to find more room...

No comments:

Post a Comment