Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Think I Can

I'm slowly getting the ol' paper and glue fixation back. Today I merged work and play by creating a page about my state of mind as I enter my 11th year of teaching. I can't believe I've been teaching for over a decade. Crazy. I still feel like a newbie. Every year, I hit a "restart" button. This year's fresh start calls for some major changes in my habits and attitudes, and I'm definitely up for the challenge. When I started teaching, I promised myself that I would not become That Teacher, the one who had been teaching the same way for so long that she became stagnant and ineffective. If I want to keep teaching, then I need to keep learning.

I'm so glad I made this page today. It's a little bit of personal validation that I'm on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment