Monday, November 3, 2008

Don't Forget to...

So tomorrow is the big day. I'm actually excited about this election, and excited about casting my vote for a candidate that I actually support, not because he is the lesser of two evils, but because I believe that he really is the right person to lead our country. Hopefully by this time tomorrow night, he'll be our new president-elect. I've got my fingers crossed!

Out with the old, in with the new, I say. Just in time for this new era, I replaced my old printer with a new one today. Last night my old Epson was fine (okay, almost fine), but today, it was no longer breathing ink. Despite checking for nozzle/head issues, we pronounced its time of death at 10:38 a.m. I still tried to resuscitate it a few times, but to no avail. Rather than shell out money to get the printer fixed (which would cost about half of what a new printer would), I decided that it was time to splurge on a new printer. This being my birthday week and all, I didn't have to twist my husband's arm (much). So this afternoon I traded up my old (dead) Epson for a new HP, since the last HP I had lasted more than a few years before going kaput. We did a test print a little while ago, and wowza -- I LOVE the quality of the photos! I really should have taken a hammer to the Epson months ago, just so that I could have had the HP sooner.

In any case, I'm thinking that the printer debacle can function as a convenient metaphor for Election Day. Change can be scary, but it can also be necessary; change can force us to give up old habits and old ways of thinking, but it can also awaken us to new ways of seeing. Here's to clearer, more vivid photos, and to a clearer, more vivid way of thinking about America. (Patriotic music builds to a crescendo here).

No comments:

Post a Comment