1. Last Friday, I celebrated my new inhaler's arrival, and this week, following my third doctor's appointment this month, I'm celebrating even more good drogas in the house. Goodbye bronchitis, hello clear airways!
Granted, I can't drive now or go into the sun until I'm off the meds, but at least I'm not hacking and wheezing 24/7 anymore.
2. Mochi Crunch. There are many (many) brands of this stuff available everywhere on island, but the best of the best can only be found at the movie theater, for $4 a bag.
It's insane, I know, but sometimes I will go to watch a movie just because I'm craving this stuff. Today, my sweet, sweet husband surprised me by bringing some home for me. Who needs flowers?
3. Rob also brought home something else for me:
W-wow! A new sewing machine! I think he took pity on me, since my old machine refused to work with me this week.
4. Gesso. My fingers have been covered in this happy goopy stuff lately. I'm loving it!
I've been slathering it on pages, creating accents, stamping in it, and painting over it. Gesso is so versatile. Next week my Technique Tuesday post over at Bad Girls Kits is all about the gesso, so check it out if you can!
5. This week, Rob and I discovered The Unusuals. We've been DVR-ing it for weeks now, and finally sat down to watch it. It's a pretty funny show, with some amusing and intriguing characters.
It's still not what I'd consider strong, but it has its moments...and dark humor, which I love. Given a chance, the show could become even better. It definitely deserves a place on my faves this week...even if only for featuring Cat Power's "Metal Heart" at the end of this week's episode and for introducing me to the song "Lord, Lord, Lord" by the Kahn Brothers.