Friday, May 1, 2009

Five Faves Friday


1. This week I finished The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister. What an amazing reading experience...and culinary experience, too! It's about a cooking school, run by an intuitive chef, Lillian, and how each class touches each student in some way. The writing is amazing -- delicious, lyrical, spellbinding -- full of sentences ripe for rereading. I actually started reading this book a few weeks back, but then (real) school got crazy, and I didn't want to rush through the book, so I tabled it, returning to it over spring break. I'm so glad I did. This is a book that you will want to savor. Every word is delectable.

2. Speaking of something worth savoring, my order from Sarabeth's arrived in the mail this week!

Yes, I ordered Peach Apricot jam in the mail. I can't find it on island any more, and I yearn for this beautiful stuff -- on toast, with biscuits, atop cheesecake, by the spoonful...and now I have two whole jars. Well, one and a half jars, that is.

3. These hands.

4. More food...
Somen salad! Every year I make this for our May Day potluck at school. Following our annual program, the teachers get together for a potluck. All the best local foods are on the menu -- kalua pork, lomi salmon, poi, poke, and yes, somen salad. Mmm...

5. The May Bad Girls kit -- well, what's left of it:

What can I say? I scrap hard.
Oh, and I'm so not done with this lovely kit.
Here are the layouts I made with it:

You can click on them if you want a closer look.
Have a great Friday!
Hope to see you tomorrow for NSD at Bad Girls Kits!

2 comments:

  1. Happy National Scrapbook Day!!!!!

    WOW oh WOW...I love the layouts you made!! Gorgeous!!
    And OMG!!...that salad is so pretty and looks so good..
    I am looking for a good book..I'll have to check that one out:)
    Have a wonderful day!!
    Joanie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH that kit! YUMMMMMMMY! Your LO's and projects look so nice!

    ReplyDelete