Sunday, July 26, 2009

Binders and Blossoms

As I head into my last week of summer vacation, I'm beginning to make the transition from a summer state of mind to a back-to-school state of mind. It's not so easy. I'll need to stop waking up at 10:00 a.m., for starters. I'll have to stop getting used to the feel of sitting, since I won't be doing that too often any more. I'll also have to start planning for the school year ahead, and with that in mind, my scrap supplies are helping me to transition more smoothly:

Reading seemingly endless lists of standards and benchmarks is almost enjoyable when I'm holding this in my hands. I made it yesterday using some BasicGrey paper, American Crafts letters, Making Memories paint, KI apple lace, and red Maya Mist. Whatever motivates me to get back to work, right?

If you read my last post, you know that I've had flowers on the brain lately. Today I discovered even more that I must have, from Sweet Vintage. Check out these handmade lovelies:

I have a feeling that once I plant these in my stash, my supply will grow wildly.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Jill for taking the time to do this, i would love to plant a few of these in your stash!!

    Good Luck!
    xJodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - those flowers are gorgeous!! Love your curriculum binder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping here from Studio Calico! I love your binder!! And I'm with you on the whole getting up in the morning thing!!

    ReplyDelete