Friday, August 7, 2009

Five Faves Friday, or Fiving Faving Fridaying

As summer draws to a close and the school year begins, I am dedicating this week's faves list to my five favorite summertime 2009 activities. Here are my five "-ing" activities from this past summer:

1. Spending time with family.
2. Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay.
3. Scrapping my days and nights away.
4. Reconnecting with old friends.
5. Sleeping in until 10:00 a.m.

This is not to say that now that the school year has arrived, these activities will be discontinued. I just won't have the time and the freedom to do these things as often as I'd like.

For instance, I'd rather spend time with family while feeling happy and carefree, as opposed to de-stressing daily in their presence and calling that "family time."

I'd rather sleep without an alarm clock, but since "hobo" is not a vocation that I'd like to pursue at this time, I need to curb that habit right away.

Of course I'll keep scrapping, but instead of generating one or more pages each day, I'll be lucky if I can create one per week. Still, one is better than none, right?

I am happy, though, to have a routine of sorts back in my life. Summer is not the most stable season for me. I tend to lose myself in the litany of days.

It's both disappointing and refreshing to shake off Lazy Summer Me, and to shift my perspective toward the school year ahead. I'm excited about all of the things my colleagues and I have planned for this year, and I'm looking forward to teaching once again.

Perhaps along the way I'll figure out how to live purposefully and productively. Let the balancing act begin again...


2 comments:

  1. Jill - you have been so good at keeping up with the fives!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am looking forward to getting back in the school routine..but I still love the freedom of summer!!
    Great faves Jill!!
    Joanie:)

    ReplyDelete