Saturday, October 3, 2009

Five Faves Fri(tur)day


1. Whip It = Good. Easily, the highlight of this week was seeing Whip It. Z and I went to see it yesterday after school, and loved every minute of it. It's smart, well-written, and hellafun. I'm also loving the soundtrack.

2. Godmother: The Secret Cinderella Story. Carolyn Turgeon's re-vision of the age old tale is putting a smile on my face. I selected it for the October book choice over at the Bad Girls monthly book club. Feel free to join us!

3. Lie to Me. The season premiere was Monday night, and it was gooood. I was a little afraid that after a solid first season, the show would begin to lose momentum, but I was so wrong.

4. Chicken Potstickers. The menu at the Cheesecake Factory describes them as "dumplings pan-fried in the classic tradition, served with our soy-ginger sesame sauce." There's nothing there to the effect of "may cause voracious cravings, night sweats, and overwhelming symptoms of withdrawal." I could eat these every single day.

5. ilee Calendars. This week I received two of the new ilee 2010 letterpress calendars in the mail.
One is for me, and the other one will likely be given to some lucky person for Christmas. I haven't yet decided whose desk is worthy of this beauty. It needs to be someone who won't just use the calendar for its functionality (as in, "Oh, look, today is October 3") but will actually take time to feel the embossed surface of each card and take in the wonder of each design. It's a calendar, but it's not just a calendar. For instance, all year I've been eagerly waiting for October -- not just for the month of October, but for this brilliant piece of brilliance:

Now that's a calendar.

2 comments:

  1. OOHHH AHHH those calendars are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That calendar is gorgeous!! I so want to see Whip It... I am glad it's good! I have to pick up that book! I can't wait to read it! I hope you had a good weekend... now I am hungry for potstickers for some reason... hmm....

    ReplyDelete