Monday, October 26, 2009

This Is Just to Say

Happy Monday!
Okay, that's fake enthusiasm.
Mondays kind of blow.
Monday nights, however, aren't too bad.
Gossip Girl. Lie to Me. Big Bang Theory (even the reruns are awesome).
What's more, I even found a little scrappy time tonight:

The title comes from a William Carlos Williams poem of the same name:

This Is Just to Say
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

So of course I needed to write my own "notes" to my husband. They aren't apologies or plum-related at all. They're actually more like thank-you notes and declarations of his all-around awesomeness.

Here's to a happier Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! I've actually read it before and am trying to think of where it is that I did, I think it was a book of mixed poetry...

    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is beautiful. Love the concept of notes to my hubby. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete