Friday, November 6, 2009

Five Faves Friday

Alas, we're all under the weather around here, so this week's five faves are from a bedridden/couchridden perspective:

(1) Let's give it up for this week's Grey's Anatomy. Amazing. Of course I laughed (Mark)...and inevitably, cried (Arizona). Next to Bailey, Arizona Robbins (played by Jessica Capshaw) is one of my favorite characters, ever. The girl has LINES, amazing lines, and I love that she cries when she's pissed. Same here. The teaser for next week's Grey's is making my head spin.


Can't wait. Izzy, Izzy, Izzy.


(2) Modern Family. Oh, my. Brilliant show, and so FREAKING funny!


This week, we decided that I was "so Mitchell." It's true -- especially when he goes on his wonder binge in Costco...or makes snarky comments...or gets labeled as "city mouse"...


(3) I haven't just been vegging in front of the TV. I've also been reading. When I'm sick, I tend to get pretty escapist with my reading:

Anita Blake. Vampires, shapeshifters, and zombies, oh my! I'm only 150 pages in, and I'm actually surprised at how toned down this one is so far, compared to the others. I'm sure the raunchiness will show up soon, but for now, I'm just shocked that an actual plot is unfolding. I can't believe that this is book 17 in the series. Anita has really changed from the beginning of the series. Sometimes I wonder whether this could all translate to film, and I'm pretty sure it can't, not without censoring a whole heckuva lot. And yet...there's this. It's strange that she's described as a character with a "lousy dating life." Odd choice of words.

(4) I've also started reading Her Fearful Symmetry, by Audrey Niffenegger.


I admit, I did judge this book by its cover. It's an awesome cover. And it's shiny, to boot. At this point, I'm just a few chapters in, but the writing is terrific so far.

(5) Tomorrow's my birthday! My birthday isn't exactly my FAVORITE day -- not as I get older and contemplate what that means for my ovaries -- but it is still a time to celebrate, so it at least deserves a nod on the five faves this week. :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved Time Traveler's Wife. I'll have to check out the new book... :)

    ReplyDelete