Saturday, November 28, 2009

Green Card

One thing I don't do very often is make cards. I know that it's a quick way to get a bit of a scrappy fix, and to use the odds and ends that might otherwise make their way into the scrap drawer or the trash can, but I'm still not really a "card" kind of person. I guess I visualize them being received (which is a nice thought), but then ultimately, thrown away (which is a not-so-nice thought).

Still, every so often, I will attempt a card -- like when CK asks me to do so. :)

Unfortunately, I needed to downsize this one, so the one that is featured in the December issue of CK is teeny tiny in comparison, but I love them both. Here's the process I used to put the card together:
Steps:
1. Trim or punch 25 1” squares from patterned paper, die-cut paper, and textured cardstock.
2. Trim or punch a few extra die-cut paper squares, and use them as a mask over white cardstock squares, misting over them with red and green.
3. Stamp and emboss letters on individual squares to spell “Happy Holidays” or another desired greeting.
4. Fold a 6” x 12” length of cardstock in half, and affix squares to the front of the card in a grid format, adding pop dots behind those squares with letters.
Supplies:
Cardstock: American Crafts (Shamrock), Doodlebug (Green Glitter Dot), Bazzill (white); Patterned Paper: October Afternoon, BasicGrey, Scenic Route; Die-cut Paper: BasicGrey; Stamps: Studio Calico; Watermark Stamp Pad: VersaMark; Embossing Powder: American Crafts; Mist: Maya Road; Pop Up Dots: Glue Dots.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun and happy card! Love the use of those SC stamps on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. duuuuuuude. that card is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete