Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Growing Together


I know that this layout doesn't exactly scream "fall," but it's the product of a combination of two things that always impact my scrapping this time of year: (1) the weather and (2) my sentimentality. There's something about rainy weather and the longer nights that makes me seek out all that is warm and cozy, both literally and figuratively. Luckily, my Studio Calico kit arrived just in time for me to channel all of my autumnal ooshy-gushiness into this layout.

The sweet couple in the pic includes my cousin Shelly and her boyfriend Philippe. Can you believe that they've been dating since they were fifteen? Now they're all grown up and starting to plan for a future together. I don't know where the years will take them, but I'm glad that they'll be traveling that road together.

See? Warm and cozy. Downright schmaltzy. Blame it on the weather.

Ere I go, I'd also like to share a thank you with our many veterans, past and present, who help(ed) to make our country and keep our country free. Sadly, sometimes peace must be the product of war, but I don't see Veterans' Day as a celebration of war; I see it as a celebration of those whose lives and service are part of a larger story of the efforts to make and maintain peace. Here's one of my favorite veterans, my grandfather, who is also part of one of my favorite love stories:

6 comments:

  1. Great layout! Love the design and the elements! TFS! (I am in from SC). Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout! I love the tulle flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that layout! The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had fun playing with my SC kit today too. Love that photo of your Grandfather what a treasure that you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO. Love the flower. Very cool.
    http://cre8ivecindy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete