Monday, December 28, 2009

Best Monday Ever

Usually my Mondays begin with me ignoring my alarm clock
and negotiating just how long I can put off getting out of bed
before the paychecks stop coming.

Today, my Monday began with NO alarm of any kind.
My eyes opened to sunlight rather than darkness.
Yep, I slept in, and woke up according to my own clock,
which, apparently, likes the idea of me waking gradually,
smiling, at 9:30 a.m.

Usually, my Monday mornings involve the collection
of homework papers and the acknowledgment of a monstrous
"to do" list.

Today, the only paper that I held in my hands
was the patterned sort.
Usually, my Mondays are spent indoors.
The focus is on productivity.

Today, I actually ventured outdoors.
The focus was on...well, whatever the lens focused on, actually.
I even got on the other side of the camera -- mind-blowing, I know.

I will not go so far as to say that I like Mondays,
but if all Mondays could be like today,
then I'd definitely consider a change of heart.

Happy Monday! And I actually mean that.

2 comments:

  1. Monday is not my thing !! has never been !!!! However, I love your LO ; amazing, colorful, creative, gorgeous !!!!

    ReplyDelete