Sunday, December 6, 2009

Campy.

The Lily Bee design team recently had a chance to incorporate Maya Road products into our Lily Bee Vintage Poppy projects. For a while, I've been eyeing the Lily Bee frame die-cuts and wondering if they could translate into a mini-album. As soon as I held the Maya Road envelopes in my hands and placed them alongside the die-cuts, I knew that they'd work together perfectly. With a little help from my sewing machine, I assembled the pages of the album, and went about documenting Z's experience at camp.

I assembled pockets for extra journaling by putting together two pieces of patterned paper and sewing around them on three sides. I think this is my favorite page:

And of course, I couldn't resist the Maya Mist.

I stored memorabilia and copies of my "camp update" blog posts in the envelopes.

No matter how much I loved this project, though, it didn't become truly meaningful until I saw Z looking through it, turning each page and opening the envelopes. I'm a firm believer in the "everyday use" of the projects that I create. If they're too precious to hold, then they really aren't truly valuable.

1 comment:

  1. Wow love this... what a great use of both products!!

    ReplyDelete