Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Oh, Yes I Did.

Some people aren't resolution people.
They enter the new year fresh, no goals, no promises, no focus,
and I'd imagine that it feels good.
It must feel new, a true blank slate.

I am, however, a resolution person.
I have been since I was first introduced to the idea.
I don't actually care about whether December 31, 2011 will find me "resolved,"
but I do believe in charting one's course,
while being open to changing it.

This year, I'm working toward BALANCE.
It's a great word -- solid...maybe a little ominous,
because it's not just about doing with, but doing without.
It's a challenging concept --
self-control, moderation, forethought,
a quest to embrace some kind of inner equilibrium.
To be honest, at this point, it sounds tedious,
which means that it's probably just what I need.

1 comment:

  1. Great choice of words! Balance. I could use a little of that in my life!

    ReplyDelete