Monday, January 18, 2010

At This Moment

...I just finished watching "500 Days of Summer." This movie engages in some hardcore emotional heart surgery, with an awesome soundtrack, to boot. This clip isn't from the movie, but I just discovered it. Being a fan of "She & Him" and JGL, I am definitely loving this.

...I am about to email lesson plans, as my sweet one is sick. All weekend she was telling us that she wasn't feeling well, but we didn't see any signs of illness. Last night, though, she started a nasty cough, and a low grade temperature started today. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this passes quickly. The doc still doesn't have H1N1 shots available, and with the advent of this illness, I'm moving from cautious to irritated to worried now. Let it just be a cold, and nothing more, please.

...Even though the new week hasn't yet begun, I'm already on edge. There's so much to do. I guess I just need to relax and remember that "things are what you make of them," and believe that everything will work itself out for the best. There is comfort in cliches, no? Actually, being positive and chipper is easier said than done for me, given that my cosmic alignment tends toward the snarky side of the road at times. Time to refocus: here's to a week full of unicorns and butterflies frolicking on the bright side, drinking from half-full glasses. Mind over matter. You're never fully dressed without a smile. Whistle while you work. You get out what you put in. Etcetera, etcetera.

No comments:

Post a Comment