Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Ties that Bind (and More New Lily Bee!)

Once
Saturday night
meant getting as far away from home as possible,
escaping to loud and crowded places,
and now,
Saturday night
means staying as close to home as possible,
feeling cozy and comfy, in the company of my family.

What changes in us as we get older,
calmer, more rooted, more content?
Love, I tell you.
In the pursuit of love, we wander,
and when we find it, we are home.

Speaking of all things lovely and homey,
this page celebrates the ties that bind
(with accents to stress the point, ha ha)
and the ties that hold us to each other.
Each time I think of my mom finding happiness
after all these years,
I know that God is good.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, Your LO is beautiful, love the colors.
    I hope you & your family are feeeling better ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That layout is gorgeous!!! I LOVE all those bows. And such a sweet message today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww totally a sweet and meaningful page
    amy
    www.looktothesky.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice comments on my blog :) I love your layout with all the bows, it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is just sweetness - the bows are the perfect accent. love.

    ReplyDelete