Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tying the Knot

As the holiday break winds down,
and we look forward (cough, cough)
to going back to school in a few days,
I am going to proclaim the last two weeks officially awesome.

After two weeks of sleeping in, though,
today I decided to begin reconditioning myself
to w a k e up
when no rational human being should be awake.
Usually, I'm not a morning person --
no sunlight, no deal.

It's actually a good thing I woke up early, though.
I was able to put the finishing touches on this layout,
and I love, love, love it.

I've been wanting to use these photos of my mom and Vincent
for a long time (as in, since September),
but it's intimidating to scrap wedding photos.
I've been thinking about why, and I guess it has something to do with
what happens when sentimentality meets perfectionism,
or over-feeling meets over-thinking.

Maybe that's why the early morning approach worked for me.
I was WAY too hazy to worry about getting it right,
and just went with the flow.
I've always admired those who can create beautiful, organic layouts.
Maybe they're just morning people. Hmm.

8 comments:

  1. You definitely did these wedding photos justice! A beautiful LO to go with some beautiful photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful wedding layout! i'd definitely saying early morning scrapping works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!!! You did Fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Jill xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog!! I added your blog to my googlereader! LOVE your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so beautiful - i love the multi colored background.

    ReplyDelete