Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Colorful Addition

Thanks, all, for the feedback on the last post!
The new borders are up
in my classroom,
and I must say, I love how they look.

I'm still questing for more ideas
to add some "punch" to my classroom.
Last night I started playing with the idea of magnets,
and this was the result:
I took some of my favorite quotes about reading and writing,
and turned them into portable bursts of inspiration
for my classroom desk and file cabinet.
You can find the directions for how to put these together
(and while you're there,
be sure to check out the call for the new education team!)

I'm thinking my next adventure will be posters for the walls.
Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Jill- I love love love these magnets. Actually you are inspiring me to start thinking about school. Sometimes it is quite difficult to get motivated after being in the summer mode- but maybe you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it looks a-mazing, love your classroom, more pics please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the way-coolest bulletin board I ever saw & I love your magnets idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How COOL are YOU? I bet your students LOVE how how unique their classroom is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These magnets are amazing. I love the border in your classroom. I need to work on getting motivated to decorate my room at school. Thanks for linking to the cool tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that looks so rad! And the magnets are stunning! :) Coolest classroom around, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. dude! you are awesome!
    i wish you were *my* teacher in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to find your blog. I love (oops) I to use those words to much. I find those quotes to be just marvelous in a Language Arts classroom. I teach Language Arts to 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. Having them on a filing cabinet would be a great idea.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete