Thursday, September 30, 2010

30 Days Hath September

...and then it was October!
Wasn't it just June yesterday?
Well, I say, welcome, October,
especially when it is accompanied

I'm still making the most
out of every brilliant bit and perfect piece of this kit,
and will have more pages to share later,
but here's what I have so far:

I was happily surprised when I discovered
that this JBS bingo card included every single grade level
that I've taught over the past thirteen years.

I used a photo of the rings from my mother's wedding
as a springboard for a page documenting my thoughts about marriage.
The sideways journaling reminds me of the epigraph to Fahrenheit 451:
"If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
Of course, I didn't quite do that,
but I still feel a little rebellious anyway. Ha.


Isn't this stamp ever so lovely?
It has definitely found a happy home in my stash.

The last page I created
has to do with a running joke in our family
that has a punchline that I can't even remember.
It started with confusing "scarecrow" and "flamingo"
during a game of Taboo,
and now every time we see a flamingo
in any form (which is actually and oddly
more often than you might think)
we just lose it. It's funny. Just because.
It's our "flamingo thing." Thus, the page.

Check out the rest of the gallery here.

7 comments:

  1. Sigh...I just love your work. These are both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pages! Congratulations on the news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news and wonderful new LOs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant pages Jill. you're perfect for JBS. Huge congrats my friend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, that is awesome news!!! you rock those kits. huge congrats!!

    ReplyDelete