Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Personal Geography

around me
a scrappy mess
that was less messy last week,
but already needs re-organizing

on me
my non-school uniform:
jeans and a long-sleeved Gap tee

to the left
the flailing limbs
of the mechanized Halloween spider
that drops from the ceiling fan
whenever someone claps
(or sneezes, coughs, laughs too loudly, drops the remote,
or barks, as the dog and I just found out)

to the right
afternoon sun glinting off the trees
tricycle wheels grinding on the gravel
neighbors catching up after a long day

above me
a roof,
but beyond that,
an open blue sky

below me
a cowering dog
who will not be barking again
any time soon

behind me
two layouts
that I completed today
for Lily Bee

ahead of me
a computer screen
and lots of ungraded papers
and thus, a loooong night

within me
the ability to refocus
and get back to work
despite the very (very) strong temptation
to procrastinate
(as evidenced by this blog post)

4 comments:

  1. Love your Lily Bee LO's! You amaze me with how you manage to put your spin on a layout...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts! and your run down of "goings-on" around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for procrastinating. It was fun to read.

    Hope the papers went quickly.

    ReplyDelete