Friday, November 26, 2010

The Morning After

After spending Thanksgiving evening indulging...
I spent much of today sleeping off the carbs.

This year, since most of our family was on the mainland for Thanksgiving,
it was just the three of us,
which wasn't a problem: more turkey for all!
We stayed in our pajamas all day.
It was terrific.

A moment ago,
over a piece of apple pie,
I realized that a true Thanksgiving meal takes about four days to finish.
I cannot stress enough the importance of naps in building endurance.

I realize, though, that not everyone agrees with the
eat-then-sleep-then-eat-some-more-prior-to-even-more-sleep approach.
Some people carbo-load on Thanksgiving
as if preparing for months of hibernation,
only to sap themselves of all of that stored energy
in a single Black Friday morning.
What a waste.

Today, I exerted myself in creative bursts here and there,
replenishing my energy stores via leftovers and sleep.
I did not finish the leftovers, but I did complete
two pages and a holiday project.
Hopefully I'll be able to share those soon.

Gosh, writing this took a lot out of me.
Time for a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this makes me think that we would really be great real-life friends. I am a true believer in the power of a nap.

    ReplyDelete