Monday, December 6, 2010

It's Saint Nick's Day!

Nope, it's not Christmas yet,
but it is the feast day of Saint Nicholas.
On this day, it's okay to "cheat" on Advent
with a little Christmas cheer.
Each year, I give candy cane "croziers" to my students.
This year, with some help from Lily Bee,
I'm getting a little more creative with my approach.

You can find more details and see more pics on the Lily Bee blog.
I also have another project posted there.

Tomorrow is the anniversary of the strike on Pearl Harbor.
I wanted to create a layout to document
the first time my daughter stepped foot on the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

  1. You've been a busy girl! What lucky students you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your Pearl Harbour pg is breathtaking. Your journaling rang true to me, when I went there I thought it was overwellming to. Their spirit is still near.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is stunning. And you have very blessed students!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously amazing Pearl Harbor layout! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous page - love the coloring on the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stockings, super cute! The layout is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute project and such lucky students! I am always looking for fun projects for my niece and I think she would love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely way to celebrate pearl harbor. It never would have occured to me to scrapbook something like this and then you do it so elegantly!

    I also love the slight misting on the title!!! Again, your talent to combine story and art is awesome and blows me away!

    ReplyDelete