Sunday, January 2, 2011

January at JBS

This month's JBS Mercantile kit, add-on kit, and project kit
contain some of the most beautiful combinations of papers and products
that I have ever had the pleasure
to work with/play with/marvel over/you get my point.
This is the first page that I created with the kit,
using lots o' layers
to capture lots o' love.
The vintage papers (that you can get as a separate add-on) make me ever so happy!
Ooh, and these 7gypsies rub-ons.  I've been coveting them for awhile.
They go on sooooo smoothly.

I saw these four words
on the sheet of Studio Calico paper that came with the main kit,
and realized that I had the perfect ingredients for a "best of" layout.
I forgot to add Knight and Day to the list of movies, though.



Lots of bits and pieces from the kit made their way onto the border of this page.
(If you love bits and pieces like I do,
then you will want to check out this treasure, for sure.)

Every so often there's a layout that comes along that just warms my heart.
In fact, I'm pretty sure that the contents of my heart look JUST like this.

 Pretty pretty paper...
I still can't believe I used the words "zombie apocalypse" on a page with florals.

And then there was the project kit.
I think of myself as project-inept.  Layouts, I can do.  Just try and stop me.
Cards?  Painful but possible.
Mini-albums? Periodically.
Projects? Scary.
But I did not go gently into that good night.
Instead, I played with the idea of silhouettes,
and learned how to use Photoshop to create them.
The wall hanging contains snippets from poems
by some of my favorite poets, including Elizabeth Barrett Browning,
 Edna St. Vincent Millay,
and Margaret Atwood.

In sum,
January JBS kit = LOVE.

3 comments:

  1. Your work is so inspiring. I enjoyed your Dylan Thomas reference - I feel that way about mini albums :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* Jill... i wanna come and play with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. So inspiring, loving yoiur use of poetry from some of my favorites!! That project is AMAZING as well.

    ReplyDelete