Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And She's Off!

I still can't quite believe that I entered
what is already proving to be
the most scraptastically vicious
and wonderful game of Calvinball yet.
I'm gunning for last place.

When it comes to creating pages,
I am more turtle than rabbit,
and I know that with Celeste
hip-hoppitying waaaaay ahead of the crowd
(we're talking fourteen pages
and twenty-six valentines already for her
since February began, um, yesterday),
slow and steady
is most definitely not going to win the race this time.

I'm not in it for the win, though.
I'm racing against myself, really,
trying to create pages on the move and in the moment,
in the course of a busy week.
I figure that more of my daily preoccupations
will have a chance to be documented that way.

Here's one that emerged within the last hour:

PP: Knock Knock ("Mental Note" paper), October Afternoon, Studio Calico;
pin: October Afternoon; journaling cards: October Afternoon, Jenni Bowlin, My Mind's Eye;
rub-ons: Jenni Bowlin, 7gypsies; apple stamp: Studio Calico; paint dabber: Jenni Bowlin.

One down!  One point earned for the layout.
However, as this is Calvinball,
I believe an additional point is given to the first layout
of a first time participant,
BECAUSE I SAID SO.
So there.

8 comments:

  1. WOW OH WOW ....SO STRIKING and that green !!!! the way you journal is unique and soooo original straight from the heart !!!!! love and hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page! Slow and steady works for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. haaaaaaaaaaaaa! that is hilarious! 2 (calvinball) points to jill! :)

    -doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should get a bonus point for coming up with that idea!! Welcome to Calvinball!! Awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors on your layout!

    And I LOVE calvinball! The rules are totally made up and changed as you go along! Game on! :)

    Ironically, I too am challenging myself to make more layouts and projects in February. Must be something in the air...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO!! Go Jill, Go!!
    LUv Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm happy you're playing along because that means i get to see ltos and lots of stuff from you this month :)

    ReplyDelete