Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kung Hei Fat Choy!

Although yesterday I called myself a turtle,
today I proudly claim rabbit status:
it's the Chinese New Year,
and it's officially my year,
the Year of the Rabbit!

In the middle of the day,
I received an email from my daughter,
suggesting that we have Chinese food for dinner
since it is the Chinese New Year.
I wrote back, agreeing,
but also adding that by that same logic,
we should have rabbit for dinner,
as it is Year of the Rabbit.
She didn't like that suggestion much.

We had Chinese food for dinner
(no rabbit included),
and our celebration was made even more special
since my mom joined us.
After dinner,
I actually managed to
get back in the Calvinball game:
PP: Making Memories, Sassafras, BasicGrey, K&Company; rabbity card: October Afternoon;
letters: American Crafts, Jenni Bowlin; pink paint dabber: Jenni Bowlin; teeny tiny rabbit up top: Jenni Bowlin; 
tape: brand unknown (but it's from a past Studio Calico kit); trim: May Arts. 
It's kind of all over the place,
and I just noticed that I wrote too quickly
(rascally rabbit!)
and left out the "si" in "indecisive"
(I'll fix it later),
but the point is, I actually
channeled my rabbit energies
and scrapped my way toward
yet another point.  Woo hoo!

Hmm.

That error is really bugging me.
I almost want to forfeit that point.
English teacher, begone!

8 comments:

  1. oh the cute!!! this is adorable! go bunny go! -doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one, Jill! Slow or no-each "point" eared represents a beautiful page completed. That's a win in my book!!!

    I love what you did with the rabbits/ribbon on this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout. There is nothing I don't love about it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout, and the "eating rabbit" line. FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the worst at leaving out letters and words in journaling, my husband is my proof reader.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovelovelove it !!!! just adorable !
    I have to make a 'year of the rabbit' LO !! thanks for the idea Jill !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, love the rabbit-ness! I believe I'm an ox:)

    ReplyDelete