Friday, February 4, 2011

A Mid-Winter Summer

Even in Hawaii, February isn't exactly beach weather,
unless you're a hardcore surfer
or really like the combination of cold winds and choppy water. 
Come late March or April, we'll make our way back to the beach,
but in the meantime, 
I'll settle for a mid-winter summer
in the form of a layout: 
PP: Sassafras, October Afternoon, KI Memories, American Crafts, Jenni Bowlin, Little Yellow Bicycle; 
journaling die-cut: Collage Press; letters: Sassafras, BasicGrey; stamp: Studio Calico; stickers: October Afternoon. 

I feel like I need sunglasses in order to view this layout properly. 

Well, one more layout
means it's time to do the Turtle dance!

One more point for me
which puts me juuuuust over the starting line. 
That gives me a total of FOUR whole points to date.  
Celeste, on the other hand, 
just hit 51 today,
which means that she has lapped me almost 13 times.
She's definitely a sprinter. 
As for me, if I tried to exert myself to that level of productivity,
I would surely collapse in a pile of patterned paper and embellies,
with stitched X's over my eyes and birdie brads chirping in circles around my head. 

5 comments:

  1. Ah Summer, I vaguely remember that as I sit surrounded by mountains of snow. Awesome layout - you're doing great! And I like how you think- let's just not tell Celeste about the point re-setting ideas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Such a lovely summery layout. I think we all need to look at this right now. Makes me feel warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny- love the turtle dance! The layout is GORGEOUS!! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wanting to scrap summer layouts right now, too! Love this bright layout. :) Your dancing turtle is too funny, Jill-I can relate! You may not win compared to the super fast scrapper, but you are probably doing a lot more than you normally would be, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny with the turtle dance! LOL. I love your page - the layers, divine. That looks like Waikiki? I wish I were with yall now, even in Feb!

    ReplyDelete