Friday, February 11, 2011

TGIF = GIFT!

Finally, it's Friday!

We've been battling colds and congestion around here,
but with the weekend ahead,
we will hopefully get some much-needed rest and recovery time.
Poor Z.
The afternoon she got sick, we had been planning to attend
a performance of Lucia di Lammermoor, her first opera.
The fever took priority, however.
Then one of her teachers went on maternity leave early,
and Z didn't get to say goodbye,
so she's bummed about that.

As inconvenient as illnesses are, however,
I am NOT one for going about one's business
while combating an illness.
Others end up getting sick in the process,
and it takes much longer to recover.
Health is a blessing, one that should not be taken for granted.

So...how has your week been?
I know I've been a little absent for the past few days,
but with the reveal of the mid-month gallery at JBS,
I can share what I've been holding back.

Last month I started a "savor" album,
to be completed and featured month-by-month via the JBS gallery.
During each month of 2011, the kits will include an exclusive calendar card,
and I've built my album around that.
Here are my February pages:




I also put together a photo-less layout
using the remnants of the JBS February kit.
It was a fun page to assemble.


That brings me to a total of 8.5 Calvinball points...so far.
My goal is 28 points by the end of February,
so we'll see how that goes.

In the meantime,
be sure to comment on the post below
for a chance to get in on the JBS giveaway
before a winner is selected.
There's still a little bit of time left!

The comments are hilarious, by the way.
Thanks for filling my week with laughter!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE your layouts! Especially the alphabet one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the flowers and what you did with the calendar. great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those layouts Jill! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little book is amazing, Jill!

    And, hope the weekend gives Z. the time she needs to feel better.

    ReplyDelete