Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day Redux

This week over on the Lily Bee blog, the design team is all about the love.  We're proving the Glee guys' "post-Valentine's Day slump" theory wrong by still going strong even after the 14th.  For today's post, I shared this layout, along with a step-by-step look at how it came together.

PP and chipboard flowers: Lily Bee; letters: American Crafts (from the February SC kit); 
buttons: Doodlebug (from the February JBS kit); chipboard hearts: Pebbles (large) and Maya Road (small);
stick pin: Making Memories, I think (it's an oldie); mist: Maya Mist (hydrangea blue), 
JBS/Ranger Chewing Gum ink (pink), and Studio Calico (Calico White); 
paint:  JBS/Ranger paint dabbers (Chewing Gum and Soap Powder).

I know it's a spectacle of sorts, kind of all over the place, a technicolor rush, but that's love, am I right?  Go all in, I say.

I even threw together a simple little banner with my heart-shaped scraps:
So much for a slump.  Love on!

5 comments:

  1. I adore your style Jill it is so unique and original I can always tell a page of yours.. this one is a standout, totally lovin' all of it .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout... off to see the step by step verison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jill - this is beautiful. Off to read the Lily Bee post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I think that all of your work is simply stunning! Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete