Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Let There Be Light

This morning I witnessed an amazing sunrise,
and continued to watch in awe
(as one can do in traffic)
as pink rays and yellow clouds unfurled across the blue-black sky
and let it be known:
winter is coming to an end.
Gone are the black-of-night morning commutes.
The sun is in my eyes again,
and I really don't mind at the moment,
because it means spring is near,
which means summer is near.
Giddygiddygiddy.

These pages that I created for the October Afternoon CHA booth
using the summer-perfect, beachy-keen Seaside line
remind me just why the change of seasons
is more than welcome.


This layout makes me want to head to the beach. Now. 


Every paper in this line is just so dang cooperative,
mixing and melding beautifully with the others.


This page is all about the perks
of being born and raised in Hawaii.
I added a bit of height to the waves using some Helmar ZapDots.



I so love this "Yellow Bikini" map paper.
There is a wide variety of map papers out there,
but this is the only one that I know of that puts Hawaii on the map,
smack dab in the center.

This next page documents a little adventure I had at Hanauma Bay:


I still can't believe I got those photos.
I still can't believe I knew a shark was in the water and headed toward it.
So worth it.
I also put together a mini-album,
compiling some of my favorite summer memories.



I had so much fun immersing myself in the creation of these projects,
and making summer last a little longer, even in the chilly wetness of winter. 

12 comments:

  1. Great projects but I am truly in <3 with that Shark Tale page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these, especially Island Girl. The hubby and I were just talking about planning a visit to hawaii soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! These are tremendous! Perfect for all your ocean pics & just perfect all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little sea shells! Awesome LOs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your LOs, especially the 'island girl'. It's lovely Jill !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE every. single. thing. you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great inspiration - love the shark page. I need to work on my hubby's Hawaii trip photos and I've definitely been inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, thesre are great, jill!! thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing to see here but love! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad spring is headed your way. When she gets to Hawaii will you enjoy her for a bit and then tell her to hurry on up to Wisconsin?

    And, love all the work for OA.

    ReplyDelete