Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring WHAT?

I am officially on spring break,
but I've been on anything BUT a break from scrapping
over the past few days,
which is actually kind of perfect.

You don't even want to know what my desk 
and the floor beneath it look like.  
In sum: paper, paper, everywhere!

So far, these have emerged from my messy wonderland of scrappy bliss:
I created this layout to accompany the design team intro post
on the October Afternoon blog,
using the "5 & Dime" collection
and a bunch of the Miscellany items (which I love, love, crazy love).
All this week, the new members are being introduced,
and if you leave a comment, you'll be entered to win some OA "5 & Dime" goodies,
so be sure to visit!

This next layout is featured on the Lily Bee blog,
and celebrates spring, spring, and more spring.
I count myself lucky for having the opportunity to be on the team
for the past two years, but this will be my last month with Lily Bee.
There is currently a search underway for a new design team,
and the call has been extended until March 31,
so be sure to check out the Lily Bee blog for more details!

In addition to the flowery patterns covering my scrap desk (and floor)
are the remnants of many JBS Be My Guest papers,
which I used to create this mini-album:

It's similar to the one posted earlier in the month
in the JBS Mercantile March gallery,
but this one has been resized specifically to accommodate journaling cards.
I've posted a tutorial on the JBS Inspiration blog, if you're interested
in finding out just how EASY this album was to put together.
You can also get a peek of the new JBS acrylic stamps in action there.

Other than reveling in paper,
I've been having a great spring break so far.
I just started reading a new book --
a just-for-me book, a no-strings-attached, no-lesson-plans-needed book --
and it's pretty good so far.

I've also been cooking quite a bit,
and sleeping quite a bit, I admit.  :)
Honestly, I feel sort of strange to be without a routine,
but I also think it's good for the soul to be unencumbered every so often.
A little aimlessness -- if only temporary -- can actually be clarifying.
Granted, to look at me now, surrounded by a scrap blizzard,
"clarity" may not be the best word to describe what you see.

I love spring break.

8 comments:

ArlaMo said...

Great layouts - I had already pinned a couple of them for inspiration!

Kimber-Leigh said...

enjoy your spring break! i love how you incorporated so many pictures of flowers on that second page! it's so cheerful and bright!

Tonya said...

Love your Lo's and the envelope mini...such a cool idea! PEOPLE magazine gave that book a great review and it is on my list of holds at the library! HUGE congrats on OA too....I was so happy to see your name on that list!

Jessica said...

wow all of your projects blow me away they are incredible. Sounds like a great spring break to me! Congrats on the OA DT spot!

Briana Johnson said...

i will definitely be making that mini envelope booklet!! Great job on that - so creative. Your pages! WOW - I love how you colored those thickers. Fab mist as always. And the OA stuff and the titlework on that one - fab!

Meghann said...

Absolutely love your intro layout on the OA blog. It is fantastic!

Felicitas said...

oh i love your projects. they are so detailed and there is so much to explore on them. you do always a great job :)

greetings from germany
Felicitas

Keshet said...

That first layout is so fantastic! Love!