Monday, April 4, 2011

Back from a Staycation

Ah, me -- I have not yet recovered from the weekend.  My husband so sweetly agreed to chaperone the senior prom with me, even though it meant he had to don a suit and tie.  Sadly, the only photo we got together was blurry...bummer...

Anyway, we made a full weekend of it, staying in Waikiki at the Hawaii Prince Hotel.  


The room service was incredible.  


My favorite dish had to be these smoked salmon roulades: 

The pillows, on the other hand, were not as wonderful.  Even after a night of recuperation last night, I still feel like I need a few more days to sleep off our staycation.  

Before I head off to sleep on a REAL pillow, I'll leave you with a sketch and layout that I created for October Afternoon, using the 5 & Dime and Modern Homemaker collections.   






You can find more details (and Roree Rumph's awesome interpretation of the sketch) on the October Afternoon blog.

5 comments:

  1. Jealous of your stay-cation. WI stay-cations are not nearly as fun as Hawaii stay-cations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa! i love that first photo, Jill! and LOL... i hate hotel pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! And love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy awesome layout Jill!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love seeing your los about living in hawaii, not just vacationing. just did a malasada mania pg myself! aloha

    ReplyDelete