Thursday, April 14, 2011

Right About Now

Just typing "right about now"
makes "The Rockefeller Skank" pop into my head.
Yep, there's a funk soul brother 
dancing around in there right about now.
In fact, he's been there ever since I put the letter stickers down on this layout 
that I created for the Two Peas in a Bucket month-long Stamping & Cardmaking feature: 
I used some of my favorite stamps 
from Jenni Bowlin Studios, October Afternoon, and American Crafts here, 
a bunch of the papers that I splurged on recently from Two Peas,
and my favorite stamping ink EVER, from Jenni Bowlin for Ranger.

Some of the techniques that I mention in the post include 
sewing to accent stamped images...

 embossing and misting backgrounds...
 stamping with mist...
repeating stamped images...
 adding stamps to patterns...
and embossing images
(oh, MAN, do I love this JBS butterfly stamp)
I'm off to go watch Top Chef Masters now -- it's a great season so far! 
Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is stunning! Thank you for sharing the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is pretty impossible to read the title w/out getting that song in your head! ;)

    Great layout! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, amazing page. i love the colors and the different media. you show so many techniques...stunning.

    Felicitas from germany

    ReplyDelete