Friday, June 10, 2011

At Long Last

We've been having a great summer so far...
and I finally have a few pages to share!

Yesterday's October Afternoon blog post featured an amazing sketch by Wilna Furstenberg, who can do no scrappy wrong, in my eyes.  How lucky was I to team up with her to riff on the same sketch?
I used the new Sprinklers (in Robot Blue and Strawberry Cream) to create the background.  The black and white spatters are a kind of homage to another one of my scrap crushes, Debee Campos.  

I also put together a birthday card recently using October Afternoon's new line, Rocket Age.  If you know my track record with cards, this is kind of monumental.  As in, one-small-step, one-giant-leap monumental.

Over the past few days I've been plowing through my Jenni Bowlin Mercantile June kit, "Atrium" add-on kit, and project kit.  It's basically been reduced to teeny tiny scraps, which makes me both proud and sad.  More, please.




Now I absolutely NEED to steer you in the direction of the mid-month design team gallery.  The guest this month is the venerable and oh-my-wow-wow-talented Michelle Clement.  Every time I see one of her pages, I'm left thinking, "Now SHE'S the real thing." Seeing is believing, though, so go SEE.

One more share!  I even had time to dig in to my June Studio Calico kit, Paper Moon, to put together a quick layout last night:
Summer is definitely off to a scraptastic start. Har har.
Lame play on words, I know.
The post had to end somehow.

4 comments:

  1. Jill - great projects! I actually used the OA sketch to create a layout I like it so much :) And your layout was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these, especially the colors on the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your scrapbooking is absolutely amazing!!

    Claire

    http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know i love the jbs - that october afternoon one - blows me away!

    ReplyDelete