Thursday, June 23, 2011

Macking on Paper

For me, summer lovin' means paper lovin'.  Awwwwright.
I've been spending a lot of time with paper in my hands,
and it has been sweet, sweet, sweet.

I have cozied up to many a pretty piece this summer
(and have even fallen asleep with a few -- whoa)
and have experienced different dimensions of adoration.
Here are those I hold near and dear to my amorous paper heart: 

There's patterned paper love...

I've got my head in the clouds with 
"Golden Hour" from Sassafras's Sunshine Broadcast line,
my heart is quickening over the verses and musings
I'm being schooled in the art of paper love
care of BasicGrey's "Magna Cum Laude" from the Oxford line,
and oh, the drama -- I'm torn between the A side and the B side
of BasicGrey's "Daily News" paper from the Out of Print line,
and the same can be said for the "Album" paper from the Jenni Bowlin Haven line. 
I can't wait to get October Afternoon's Boarding Pass into my clutches.

Then there's magazine love...

I played hard to get for a long time with this magazine. 
I used to roll my eyes at the very idea of Vogue, since everything within it
seemed so detached from reality and so very out of my reach,
but years of Sex and the City and seeing The September Issue gave me
a new appreciation for the mag.
It is detached from reality, but that's the fun of it, these days.
My favorite layouts are those that have clearly been influenced
by the venerable and brilliant Grace Coddington.
(Source)
Even the mag's ads make for some curious fun....
but I have never been so tempted
to move beyond admiring from afar
as I was when I saw this DKNY ad from a few issues back:
Agh, that blazer. Want.
Now that's love at first sight.

Speaking of guilty pleasures, I'm also a fan of InStyle magazine.
It feels kind of like a massive ad at times, but ooh...pretty colors. 
I know, I know, when it comes to love, looks shouldn't matter,
but from time to time, it's okay to indulge.
Date the tight end, but marry the chess club captain, you know? 

And then there's book love...

 These books will stay with me forever. I'll never be the same again. 
I'm on the third book right now, getting more and more attached.
I wake up every morning with it, and go to sleep with it at night.
Alas, all good things must come to an end, 
and this book most definitely confirms that.

There you have it: my (current) paper loves.
It is a groovy kind of love, really --
not an aberration like bill love, or tax form love.

Care to share your current paper crushes?
Hook me up!

6 comments:

  1. Oh...Game of Thrones is on my list of Summer Reads. I can't wait to start it:) Love all of your paper choices too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love GoT too (also known as ASOIAF apparently). This blog is pretty funny too http://winteriscomingbitch.tumblr.com/tagged/emo_jon

    I love that new oxford collection. I about died when I saw the little microscope on the sticker set. More nerd embellishments please!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I am just as obsessed with GOT. Glad to know I am not alone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had a chance to peruse the sneaks yet but I'm liking your picks, Jill!
    Fun post - making me think I need to watch Game of Thrones at least once!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started reading the first game of thrones! Not far into it yet, but I have a long train journey tomorrow so I'm hoping to get stuck in!

    ReplyDelete