Monday, July 4, 2011

G-G-Giddy!


Eight years ago, I discovered Two Peas in a Bucket,
and it was there that I learned 
that inspiration can be found everywhere,
that there is no "right" way to scrapbook, 
that there are others who share my passion,
that style evolves as we evolve, 
and that even though we may scrap alone,
we are not alone when we share our love for this thing we do. 

I remember admiring the work of the Garden Girls,
and excitedly checking the gallery when new layouts were added. 
Even today, names of former and current Garden Girls
invoke a kind of reverence and awe for me. 
I have loved and have been influenced by the work of
Jamie Waters, Caroline Ikeji, Shelley (Sullivan) Laming, Lisa Brown,
Maria Grace Abuzman, Rachel Ludwig, Kristina Nicolai-White, Allison Kimball,
Lisa McGarvey, Laura Kurz, Stacey Sattler, and Tara Whitney, among others. 

Now you can understand why it is absolutely crazywildamazing, 
then, that as of today, 
I've been alternately grinning like a foolio
and shaking my head in disbelief.
I always thought that being a Garden Girl 
must be a dream come true,
and now it's certain: I was right!    

24 comments:

  1. no one is more deserving, my sweet friend. Huge Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats Jill, you so deserve it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so deserved! you are amazing! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Very well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. About time Two Peas picks you, Jill! They were crazy to wait this long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Very cool news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGE Congrats, this is Soooo exciting! SO happy for you!! Can't wait to see all your Garden Girl work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really so very happy for you! You so deserve this! You have crazywild talent and you belong there! Biggest congrats, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. JILL!!! How incredibly cool is this?!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited for you! You are so deserving of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME awesome Awesome! Congrats Jill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOw, that is huge! Congratulations, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to yooooooou! So deserving and I love every page you make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A dream come true that you are SO deserving of Jill!! You are one of my favorite scrappers--scratch that--artists, out there, so bravo! I can't wait to see what you will inspire us all with for 2Peas!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fantastic! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was bound to happen girl. SO VERY HAPPY for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just wanted to say congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy for you, Jill! This is definitely well-deserved, and I can't wait to see your magic in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY, YAY, YAY!!! So well deserved! You are an awesome addition to their incredible team:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woo-hoo! Your work is so inspiring! Couldn't have happened to a nicer person either!

    ReplyDelete