Friday, July 1, 2011

July Already!?

The summer days are just flying by, aren't they? I'm trying to make the most of them, but I suppose that could mean different things to different people. As for me, I'm taking the mostly lazy/selectively industrious route through my summer vacation, and seeking a happy medium at my scrap desk.

One of the highlights of my summer has been working with the incredible July kit from JBS Mercantile:

I just can't get enough of these colors.  
 
I also had the pleasure of working with the Kite Strings add-on (which I incorporated with the main kit here).
The "Soda Water" stamp below is exclusive to the July kit, and I count myself lucky to be the proud owner of one of these beauties. 
I also created another layout with the add-on kit (it's included in the previous post, below).

This month's project kit is lovely, too! These sweet little cards came together in no time at all.


It's funny, because I never really considered myself a "project person" or a "card person," but Jenni's project kits seem to remove all intimidation from the process.  

More details about the layouts and cards (and a TON of beautiful projects from the rest of the team and our amazingly talented guest Julie Fei-Fan Balzer) can be found in the July gallery.

Although I didn't get to use the exclusive butterfly mask in my projects, many of the other team members did, and you will love their projects. I'm hoping that it'll make an appearance in my mid-month gallery. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! As always, your work is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work!! Love everything you have created this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layouts and cards! The strips of pp in the first LO look great. Love all the stitching and the wonderful journaling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages are divine as always! So many fun, special touches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, fun projects! Love so much about them. And really love your cards with the bingo cards and that big butterfly inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pic of you and the hubs it just too cute and i love all those paper strips! Your cards are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your scraps never fail to make me swoon.

    and seriously, july alreadt????

    ReplyDelete
  8. The HELLO and HEY YOU cards are terrific! Love the bright colors against the kraft cardstock.

    ReplyDelete