Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You Got Me There.

For the past year, I've made a concerted effort to reduce the amount that I usually spend on scrap supplies.  I've tried to say no to add-on kits (emphasis on tried rather than no).  I've overanalyzed each item in my shopping cart at Two Peas, asking myself whether I really (really) want the item, and then, when I realize that I do want it, it's gone.  Then I want it even more.   I've also narrowed my LSS purchases to adhesive only.  Well, in theory, that is.

For the past week, I've reduced my stash by FOUR full boxes.  Time for a giveaway?

And now?  Now all of the endurance that I've built up, though it would rival that of medieval ascetics (and you know how they were about their scrapbook stashes), is about to fall away.

Thank you, CHA.  No, really.

Thank you, October Afternoon.  You know why:


Thank you, Jenni Bowlin and Ranger.  How you have persuaded me to make room for purple in my stash, I'll never know...but there's room.  Oh, there's room.





Thank you, Crate Paper.  You shouldn't have (but I'm glad you did).




Thank you, Fancy Pants.  You know me well.



Thank you, American Crafts, and thank you, Amy Tangerine.


Thank you, Bo Bunny.  How can I resist? 


Don't think I forgot about you, My Mind's Eye.





And you, BasicGrey.  Oh, you.  

And, as always, thank you, Studio Calico.


I know you're playing coy right now, 7Gypsies, but I'm going to thank you, too (especially for that paper tape that I see in the flip book). 

This is just the start of it, I know.  I'm a goner. 

20 comments:

  1. and Thank you Jill... I've not looked at any sneaks apart from SC obviously.. now ... um.. i'm in trouble! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! So much good stuff coming at us soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all gorgeous! I think I might be in trouble too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun post. Oh.......goner I am as well. I love the OA and the Amy T so much. Lucky you that you have room for it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word for the year is "reduce," which is going to be hard after CHA, I can tell. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you and share your outrage. Why do the do that us, whyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to be spending entirely too much as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right?! This is one of the best CHA releases in a long time I think. So many of the things you posted are things I am loving.
    And I have definitely been reducing my stash over the past year or so. No kits either which was hard but good for me.
    So I am ready!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been trying to do the same as you (big yard sale next month with LOTS of scrap goodies) and this show is killing my resolve. I've already pre-ordered the 7Gypsies goodness and have a long lovely list in Evernote to remind me not to forget any of the must haves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. some really good stuff... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh, I just got another box from twopeas the other day....I just can't resist! And I know with CHA coming up and all these fab releases I am going to be a goner too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay.... so I'm pretty sure you can just be my personal shopper!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha! you are too funny! I know how you feel, I still don't have everything off my wishlist from the winter releases and I have a mountain of stash, now I've seen a whole bunch of other stuff that I *need*! 7Gypsies have a look book you can see here: http://www.sevengypsies.com/CHAS11/Look_Book/CHAS11.html love their colour rubbings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is so much great stuff coming out I can't wait! Love seeing it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wowza! such amazing new product coming out -cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. with all the cooking you are doing at home it sounds like you have earned the chance to splurge on all these goodies! I am in awe of your purge though, wish I had the strength to 'let go' too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That OA is so cute! I can't wait to see what gorgousness you create with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. definitely thank you for the temptations here... oh my... gotta have to take another look at my list. i really can't add more, but you've tempted me!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. Even though the Summer CHA is said to big smaller, for me, being my first trip to CHa, it was plenty big enough for me to find enough ways in which to cause some fiscal damage to my pretty frugal budgeting! SIGH. Thanks for this post. Love seeing what caught others' eyes with the new products!

    ReplyDelete