Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BusyBusyBusyBusyBusy

After watching The Race to Nowhere last year, I swore that I would not become a "pusher" parent. My daughter, though, has her own mind and seems to be interested in everything these days.  She does know her limits, however, and realizes that if she is stretched too thin, there's no point in participating in anything.    She's chosen her commitments carefully this year.   In fact, her balancing act is the subject of a layout that I did for this week's October Afternoon challenge: 

Kinsey, that crafty genius, came up with this "one of everything" challenge, which I found to be both brilliant and horrifying at first.  Me? Use only ONE of each item?  No way.  When it came down to it, though, it turned out to be an awesome challenge.  I found myself thinking really carefully about which supplies I used, and why.  Every single item on the layout helps to tell a story.  If you're looking for a real challenge, this one is definitely worth attempting.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's great that your daughter has so many interests. When I was young, I found that joining a lot of activities was a great way to meet a variety of people. And, of course, it's fun!

    I tried this challenge as well, and it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful layout of your beautiful girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your cool details. You rock!

    ReplyDelete