Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Moving in a Still Frame


Today's Tuesday Tutorial post on the October Afternoon blog features step-by-step instructions for how to assemble this frame, by yours truly.  It's kind of a landmark moment for me, as I rarely venture into the world of altered projects.  When it came to this project, however, I sort of fell naturally into it, since I had been piecing it together in my head for some time.  When I held the new Farmhouse collection in my hands, I knew that it was finally time to attempt this project.  My sweet husband even contributed to the effort, generously playing errand boy by locating the frame, spray paint, and screws for me, and making sure that I did not inadvertently take my own life with the screwdriver.  His steady hands definitely earned their guest spot in the tutorial.

Since the post went live this morning, I've received such positive feedback, and I've even seen the frame popping up on Pinterest here and there.  So not only is it a kick that the frame actually exists outside of my head now, but it's also affirming to know that so many people seemed interested in actually trying this.  It's not overly ambitious or difficult, and it can easily be adapted to fit one's personal style.  The tutorial just provides the framework.  Har har.

12 comments:

  1. Jill, I am awe and humbled that you would take the time to visit and leave me a comment on my blog.....your work is so inspiring, thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are simply amazing!! this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this type of altered object, Jill. You are to funny, but husbands really do help us out. Yep, I have to 'pin' this one for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing - I saw it at CHA and must have taken a dozen photos of it - truly a masterpiece, Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tutorial provides the framework - ha ha - that cracked me up. This is divine! I just think it's perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Especially love that you painted the frame too :) This is definitely on my to do list now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I need to make about 10 if these. You are a genius scrapbooker, you know?
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you 'streamlined the process'! Heehee. I am like you and rarely take scrapping off the page. I actually now want to create something like this on a scrapbook layout. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooooh.... this is fabulous, jill!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was fortunate to see it at the CHA!
    It was the highlight of my visit Jill!!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous. I've been wanting to do something similar but am having a hard time finding the right frame.

    ReplyDelete