Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Week in the Life

This month not only marks a return to the classroom for me, but it's also "Back to School" month on the Jenni Bowlin Studio Inspiration blog.  Today's post was by yours truly, featuring a layout that came together day by day last week.  
I brought my camera to school with me and, with my daughter's help, snapped a few pics at the end of each day (which is when I tended to remember that I had the camera in my bag).  
The journaling is a simplified version of some of the events and tasks of each day.  
I think the highlight of the week was discovering that my AP syllabus had been approved by the College Board. I worked so hard on it, and I was worried that it would be bounced back for additional revisions. I definitely pulled out my happy dance when I received that confirmation email! 

Speaking of excuses for happy dancing, Miss Art's Papercrafting School is offering a FREE class.   Here's the info: 
The kids are heading back to school and you should, too!  
The headmistress at Miss Art's knows that new backpacks, school supplies, and first day apparel can reduce a crafter's budget to milk money, so for this weekend only she is offering you a tuition free class.  Beginning on Friday,  August 26th, you will have 3 days to check out one of our most popular classes for free, no subscription needed.  In "The Secret Garden," the talented Stacy Cohen teaches you how to create a shadowbox effect on your layouts by adding dimension through layering and creating beautiful floral clusters. Stacy even earns a little extra credit by providing you a step-by-step demonstration on how she creates her trademark crocheted page accents. We hope to see you in the classroom, and if you enjoy our class, that you'll be kind enough to leave an apple or a comment for the teacher.
Here is a peek at Stacy's class:

I have worked with Stacy on two design teams, Shimmerz and Lily Bee, and I can attest to her crazy talent!  She really is amazing -- especially when it comes to creating unique handmade accents -- and knowing Stacy, this class will not disappoint.  

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - your layout looks soooo cool! I love it! Right into my Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is fantastic! What a great way to document your week! I love the little stitched banners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and thanks for your kind words about me! It's a big compliment coming from you because I've always loved your style, Jill!

    I didn't realize that my class was being offered up right now. I'll have to go blog about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout, Jill! There are so many elements, and everything looks so cohesive :) Its beautiful. I love how you documented your week too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. think i may have said this on the JBS blog, but wow! I love this layout so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete