Thursday, September 22, 2011

Camera Shy

I don't know what's up with me lately.
I haven't been taking many photos,
and now that I'm in the mood to scrap,
the well has run dry.
Uh oh.  Bad bad.  I need to fix that, pronto.

I think the problem is that I haven't really surfaced lately,
and because I have been so preoccupied with so many other things,
I haven't noticed many "photo-worthy" moments.
Noticing, after all, takes time and patience,
a special kind of willingness to tilt one's head
and shift one's perspective,
but I've been too swept up in the busy-ness of life
to take the time to really see through the lens,
to focus, and wait for the click.

It doesn't help that my camera hasn't been cooperative with me.
For every two pictures I take lately, I get three or four error messages.
I thought it was the lens at first, but I get the error messages
even when I switch out the lens.  Argh.
I think it's time for a new camera.
If only... (hint, hint, Santa Claus).

Anyway, I will be taking my point-and-shoot with me
everywhere I go for the next few days,
in the hopes that I will remember just how great the view can be
from the other side of the lens.
Perspective.  That's what I need.

Since I am short on photos lately, I had to dig deep -- as in, 35 years back --
in order to create this layout:

(More details can be found at Two Peas in a Bucket)

Ha.  Yep, that's little me.
I love the "baby" feel to the layout.  I miss scrapping baby photos.
Maybe I should ask Santa for a baby instead.
A baby and a camera.  :)
Or just a really cute camera. Or a photogenic baby. Either way.

4 comments:

  1. Jill, you know I love to read your posts! That's very true about slowing down and trying to see things through a new perspective. Today when I was driving the kids to school I thought about how much all the trees in my neighborhood had grown since we moved and though I should take some photos around the neighborhood. Anyway, that is one cute baby and one cute baby page! It caught my eye right away at 2 Peas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a great layout...love how you have the buttons and thread all through the page...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh This is awesome!! you as a baby!! so cute!! and I love swhat you did with these mazing buttons!!
    I love your blog, love how you write. I wish I had the same ability to express feelings and everyday life events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an outstanding page and i love every inch of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete