Friday, September 30, 2011

Forward Thinking

Today I received some happy mail: 
Each year I order a letterpress calendar from Ilee's Etsy shop, and this year's calendar is, as always, a paper lover's dream.  At the end of the year, the pages convert beautifully to a mini-album -- gotta love that!

Speaking of mini-albums, tomorrow I will officially begin the October daily mini-album project.  A few weeks ago, a thread on the JBS Mercantile message board caught my eye.  Doris Sander mentioned the possibility of starting a daily album, to be compiled throughout the month of October, since there are so many events going on through the course of the month.   Brilliant, I thought.  I'm so in.  I love October.

Although some people have already assembled their albums, I'm going to take it day by day at first, working on individual pages as I go.  I'll be using the October JBS project kit, which includes an uber-cute Studio Calico woodgrain mini-album, along with a few more papers from the October kits.
We'll see where it takes me!  I'll be sharing my progress in the upcoming issue of the JBS Gazette.

Tonight the JBS October kits were revealed, and I must say, I am quite smitten, and understandably so.  Just look.  

There's the main kit...

 and the Antiquarian kit (used in the layout I shared in my last post)...
and the Artisan kit...
This layout pulls together items from the main and artisan kits:
I'll have more to share in the mid-month gallery!  

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to starting that album tomorrow.  Care to join in?

3 comments:

  1. love that calendar. I should do a daily album for october too, it is a crazy month for our family also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful calendar. I love your JBS projects, and I cannot wait to see your October daily mini-album :) What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see the mini album x

    ReplyDelete