Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Stencil Hop 2011: The Crafter's Workshop and Balzer Designs


Welcome to the blog hop for The Crafter's Workshop and Balzer Designs!  I am so incredibly flattered that one of my longtime crafty idols, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, has asked me to participate.

In cooperation with The Crafter's Workshop, Julie has designed some amazing stencils.  My first experience using one of them was in the JBS September Artisan kit, and, like the rest of the design team, I had so much fun with it!  The stencil is thick enough not to lift up when ink is sprayed or paint is rubbed over it, heavy enough not to allow colors to bleed, and what's more, even after it takes on multiple coats of color, it still washes cleanly quite easily.

Today's post features the new Henna Hands stencil.


I started off just playing around a bit...
 and then I played some more...
and I would have kept playing, but in the midst of my misty reverie, my dog Mazie flopped down by my legs, doing that not-so-subtle rolling-around-on-her-back move that let me know she wanted a belly rub. Perfect timing. As luck would have it, I suddenly had an idea for a layout:

Hands and belly rubs? What's one without the other?
In addition to using the hands on the layout, I also zoomed in on the patterns in the middle of each palm,   spraying a little mist here and there (alternating green and yellow) to bring out the pattern.  It's kind of an earthy background, just right for a layout about my filthy, dirty, belly-rub-loving, always-adorable pup.
This is just one of many ways to use this stencil.  For more ideas, check out the other stops on today's blog hop if you haven't already:


Ronda Palazzari
Tammy Tutterow
Danielle Flanders
Julie Fei-Fan Balzer

If you are just starting here, then head over to Julie's blog for some inspiration!  You are guaranteed to find it there.

Thanks for visiting!

24 comments:

  1. adorable doggie layout! great job with the templates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my first time on your blog thanks to Julie Balzer but I'll be a regular now. I love your work. What a cool interpretation for this stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you used the stencil... good ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is this???? STINKIN cute! Love your blog and these stencils from Julie! tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I would love to try this technique with my templates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That layout is just the cutest. Lucky dog you have there - loved, scrapped and belly rubbed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page! Love your inspiration and that you got a little nudge from your pet too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely LO! Great way to use that stencil. Your dog is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cute idea. My dog is under my chair right now and begs for attention too.

    This is so fun and inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your page Jill! I love the background papers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome creations with the stencil and i love your doggie LO!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a smart dog to give you a sign! LOL!! Love the layout and how you came up with the background. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jill - what a cool layout! isn't it funny how inspiration sometimes comes in the most unlikely places?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK, this is seriously cool. And your dog is cute as a button.
    I really need to get my hands on some of these!!

    xoxo
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! The hands are a perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is some serious cool mixage of color and color texture on the second one. What a great idea for a page with the hands theme!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love mehndi, so cool that you decided to use that template

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great project. I love it very much. Johanne L.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a gorgeous blog, love your work, love your doggie layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning use of the templates!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a GREAT idea! And I love how inspiration struck, quite literally! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is wonderful, I love all the layers they work so well.

    ReplyDelete