Thursday, November 17, 2011

'Tis(n't) the Season

Today's sketch challenge on the October Afternoon blog includes a beautiful layout from Vivian Masket as well as my first attempt at using the new Holiday Style line (which just arrived at Two Peas)!


I am crushing on this line, big time.  

I will confess that I tend not to go all in when it comes to Christmas lines.  There have been so few that have really called to me through the years, and when I do find myself liking a line and splurging on it, I usually use only a few items from it, and then the rest just sits in a drawer somewhere all year long, until Christmas comes around again and I think about using it -- and then end up buying a different holiday line altogether.  Typical. 

This year, when Christmas line peeks started in the scrapblogosphere, I was hoping to see a Christmas line with versatile patterned paper, including non-holiday-specific B-sides, so that if the A-side is "out of season," at least I can flip the paper and get the most out of the product.  I also longed for a line with versatile elements that might have non-Christmas specific uses.  This Hawaii girl would also really appreciate a line that isn't smothered with snowflakes -- not everyone gets a white Christmas!  

Luckily, this year I am noticing Christmas lines that have these versatile B-sides and elements.  JBS, Crate Paper, and October Afternoon are making me very happy for this reason.  Some of the items are, of course, specifically Christmas-centered and would only work on a holiday-themed page, but I know that I can make these lines last a little longer because they contain pieces that can be used in alternate ways as well.  For instance, take Crate Paper's Peppermint buttons, or the OA wrap pack, or the B-side of this JBS accessory sheet.  They'll be in season, all year long.  

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful project, it is amazing how you combine so many details with just enough open space. I love that red chevron paper so much too. I can think of lots of uses for it.

    ReplyDelete