Saturday, February 4, 2012

Wanted: A Week-Long Weekend.

Although I am technically in the midst of a long weekend, it hasn't really started yet for me.

Now that I am finally home, after having spent the greater part of the last 48 hours out of the home, I am not quite sure what to do with myself.  I can't figure out how to kickstart my mojo.  I have so many ideas, but there's no oomph, no creative push forward to actually get me started on a project.  I'm too much in my head.  I keep thinking that I have so little time left before the weekend ends, especially since tomorrow I have even more tasks to do that need my attention.  Although I am willingly taking on those responsibilities, and I believe that the work I do is important, the side effect has been that I am in a bit of a creative slump, feeling drained.

Likely all this cranky baby needs is just a good night's sleep.  :)  The paper and glue will be waiting for me when I'm ready.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with evidence that sometimes the mojo does flow around here, and that even off-days are temporary:
This layout is featured in this week's Design Team Garden at Two Peas in a Bucket.  The supply list is included with the layout at Two Peas.

The page documents the "consolation" lunch we had with my daughter when her team did not make it to the final round of an academic quiz competition. They had done really well earlier in the competition, advancing to the semi-finals, but when they did not make it to the final round, they were so disappointed.  My mother and I took a down-hearted Z and her teammate to a "consolation" luncheon at Buca di Beppo, where the mood greatly improved and the tears dried after some good conversation at the best table in the house, in the midst of the busy restaurant kitchen.  We had gone there after the team won the semi-finals, and the waiter who had celebrated with us just a week prior now stopped by to cheer up the girls.

They say that laughter is the best medicine, and I so agree.

This layout makes my heart happy. My eyes keep returning to my mom and daughter, so sweet together,  and to the cluster of buttons and roses, so warm, so vibrant.

Hmm...could that be the mojo stirring?  Here's hoping.

4 comments:

  1. oh jill! i'd love just 1% of your mojo!

    i've seen nothing but incredible works of art from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I know the feeling. :) And I love this new LO>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Betsy!! if only I had an ounce of your talent!! love this , of course, as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jill, your work is always inspiring even when you think your mojo is gone. your LO is beautiful and the photo is priceless!!
    the past couple of weeks, i've been in a bit of a creative slump myself. i recently watched dina's video on a warm up book. so i sat down today and did a page in my smash book. creating just to create. i love how it is turning out and i feel my motivation is coming back.
    i hope the joy of creating returns soon.
    julie

    ReplyDelete