Saturday, March 17, 2012

Feeling Springy

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  I love being surrounded by green. :)

This month I have had the pleasure of being a guest designer at Technique Tuesday.  The new "Beauty of Spring" stamps from Studio AE have most definitely put me in a springy mood.
I had so much fun using them on this layout with cotton tape and wood letters.  
Before stamping on the cotton tape, I prepped the background by misting it lightly with Maya Road Buttermilk Cream mist...
and then I shook up a bottle of October Afternoon Miss Mary Mack Sprinkler Spray, opened it up, and let droplets fall over the tape.
Although the tape is somewhat absorbent, I wanted to be sure that there was no excess fluid on the tape before stamping, so I flipped over the tape and pressed it down lightly.
I flipped the tape over again and prepped the stamps.  The idea was to repeat various sentiments in different colors on the tape, so I cut out a few of the words from the stamps...
adhered them to an acrylic block, and began stamping away.  I alternated green chalk ink (Versamark Aloe Vera) with yellow Tsukineko pigment ink.
When it came to the title, I just stamped with chalk ink directly onto the wood letters.
I love how versatile stamps can be!

6 comments:

  1. Love this layout - in fact its stunning. I love the writing background. I am totally going to try stamping on ribbon now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Your always rethinking grids. Love the stamped effect on wood. How long did it take to dry? I tried chalk ink on some tags and envelopes and the ink still rubs off on my fingers. I'm scared to put it in my album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. insanely inspirational! Love your work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You = amazing. I adore this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really clever and creative. Your title is spectacular. Very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete