Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gardeners' Digest: March Blog Hop

Welcome to the Gardeners' Digest, a monthly update from the Garden Girls, the design team at Two Peas in a Bucket. We'd love it if you'd visit each of our blogs today to see what's in bloom in the Garden. 


My most recent Garden Girl layout focuses on my daughter, who is coming into her own as a teenager, and who clearly knows her own mind.   
I absolutely love the colors and patterns in the new My Mind's Eye "Follow Your Heart"/"Be Amazing" collection, which I used here.  To create the "hybrid" hexagons, I cut a row of hexagons down the middle from a sheet of "Honey Blue" patterned paper and then hand cut along the white borders. I repeated this with another row, and then overlapped and stitched together the two rows to make a new, varied pattern. 
More details and a full supply list can be found on the original layout in my Two Peas gallery. 


I'm not alone in loving this collection.  Garden Girl Nancy Damiano also used it wonderfully in this layout...
as did fellow pea Rebecca Keppel (who has many more amazing projects in her gallery): 


I mentioned in a post a few days ago that I received some happy mail from Two Peas this week.  All of the CHA releases that we've all been longing for are finally arriving in the store, and I seem to be clicking "check out" at least once a week, I swear!  Thank goodness for free shipping!  


Here are a few of the items that I was more than happy to add to my stash this week: 


Basic Grey Konnichiwa Wooden Buttons



Collage Press London Market Collage Sheets
Cosmo Cricket 2Wenty-Thr3E Mini Deck 
And here are a few items that are in my cart right now, tempting me daily to hit "check out": 
Chalkboard Numbers Washi Tape by Love My Tapes
Heidi Swapp Vintage Insta-Frames
In addition to providing a whole lot of inspiration and a whole lot of reasons for me to click "check out," there's even more going on at Two Peas in a Bucket these days: 
Two Peas has a new blog, featuring daily inspiration, tutorials, and ideas from the Two Peas community!  In fact, that's just where the blog hop starts and ends today.  

To thank you for visiting today, I'd love to offer you a chance to win a $5.00 Two Peas gift certificate.  Your task? Tempt me.  Just leave a comment (between now and Friday night) sharing your current favorite line or product from the store right now, and I will announce the winner on Saturday. 

The next stop on the blog hop is Amy Tan.  She is crazily innovative and knows how to work a piece of patterned paper like no one's business.  Happy hopping! 

57 comments:

  1. Have you not been tempted by all the new washi tapes in the store? Yeah - go put tape in the search... fabulousness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been sorely tempted by Basic Grey's PB&J lately. And I don't even like those kind of sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've put a lot of new washi tapes in my cart this week! So many cute patterns including the chalkboard one you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get Echo Parks Note to self. Thanks for your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill - your layout is amazing!
    As is that layout by Nancy. I just mentioned on her blog how soothing I found the colors to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fav right now? Sheesh...I just got AC's Neopolitan and can't put it down! But that new Heidi Swapp is FAB!
    rajah223

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout! I love the Echo Park Note to Self collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Echo Park's entire CHA release is necessary for crafting. They tempt me more than I care to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo...wooden buttons, instaframes...so much cool stuff. Love the layouts with hexagons that you just featured. Beautiful pages! Peaname: Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  10. all those Hexagons....lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite has been the new My Mind's eye products which you used so beautifully in your layouts!

    dyaritz

    ReplyDelete
  12. ♥ echo park note to self collection!! thx for all the fab inspo!! smiles, m-

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new MME collections didn't appeal to me at first but I love your work using it. I really need to get some of that now! Also, I definitely would like to get Heidi Swapp's new products- the instaframe you featured is very cool!
    twopeas username: pegbos

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love your 'new normal' layout!!!

    And that chalkboard numbers washi tape is way high on my list of must haves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need some of the new jillbean soup - easter is coming fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just ordered the Sasparilla paper pack today which had been on my wish list since it came out. I am really looking forward to making some cards out of that!

    Thanks for the opportunity to win!

    username: howdyheidi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Echo Park is breaking my bank right now! I love the "This and That" lines. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    Andrea R.
    (aworkman at 2peas)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool hex los! Thanks for sharing!! Love your inspiration and my favorite product is those cool buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving MME's new lines and I am stalking washi tape! I <3 it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I for one am so happy to have former House of 3 Heidi S and Rhonna F back making products for us all to create w/. They are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving the She Art line from Pink Paislee!!! But there is so much on my wishlist!

    Selenaintx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm using al lot of the new Bella Blvd. tapes and B sides of the papers and the Jiilibean Soup alpha stickers.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tempted by so many new things. I need to get Washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favorite right now is Echo Park's NOTE TO SELF. Loving! posted by LindaHAZ

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving the hexagons...perfect on these layouts. (username:crazy48fan)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love those Insta-frames! Thanks for the chance to win Jill!
    jan409

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just received the chalkboard washi tape in the mail yesterday!! LOVE it! I ordered that and a whole bunch more from Two Peas:) Your layout is fabulous as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well I do love the My Mind's Eye that you & Nancy both posted. But I really am eager for the Basic Grey Konnichwa line. Living in Okinawa, Japan I adore the asian themes. :)

    Two peas user name GAmes

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your layout- just bought that line and your layout gives me lots of ideas!
    Scrapqueen74

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's the MME line but the wooden buttons are SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all the honeycombs you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I also have a bunch of washi tape in my cart waiting for me to hit checkout!
    2Ps username: nightmer

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm deeply, madly, truely in need of the Bella Blvd design tape! Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Okay, I am soooo loving those wooden buttons! Great inspiration layouts too! 2P name: Heather Leopard

    ReplyDelete
  36. Are you sure you really want everyone to tempt you?? You might be in over your head with all the fabulousness!! My fav right now is Jillibean Soup Neopolitan Bean Bisque Collection
    http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/jillibean-soup/125317-neopolitan-bean-bisque-collection-packs/

    - shiloscrapbug

    ReplyDelete
  37. The only thing I can think of at this moment is all the new tapes I saw on Jamie's Personal Shopper video. ~~machellenelson6

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm having a staring contest with The note to self collection from echo park. It's winning and currently in my cart waiting for pay day! 2peas name brmartin.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I just saw new Studio Calico stamps in 2Ps and I'm in love with them. And all new washi tapes and twines. And Prima Alpha Sticker - all the little things that make pages looking finished.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have gotten 3 happy mails from two peas in the last month. Thank goodness for free shipping is right! P.S. I love the layout about your girl. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful projects!
    I think all of the garden girls are trying to enable me to overfill my cart, lol.
    I am LOVING the This & That Charming collection right now. It's so versatile and fun!
    Thanks for the chance to win and thanks for sharing! (2peas=ChristinaCollins)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am loving all of the bright colors! Pink Paislee's Spring jubilee, Basic Grey's PB&J, I could go on and on!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love that MME layout! Add another point to your Calvinball total!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm loving it ALL, but those Basic Grey wooden buttons are calling my name. Which, by the way, on TwoPeas is UMCScrappinMama.
    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am so tempted by all the new Heidi Swapp folders and frames.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your pages. Thanks for chance to win a voucher. Two peas has so many lovely things how could I ever choose.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm loving all the new Lawn Fawn stamps and paper collection!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Most of the stuff I would have tempted you with are on your pick list! Gotta love the new Technique Tuesday stamps! Love those! With summer on the way the new summer set is so yummy :) Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love those buttons and Heidi swap polarod frames. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Great layout and picks! I'm in love with the washi tapes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  52. It's all about those washi tapes. I hope to get a bunch, and just wrap my whole house in them. Well, maybe just part of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love that new My Mind's Eye collection too!

    ReplyDelete
  54. i'm so tempted by all the washi tapes! to die for..

    butterfly247

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks so much for posting my layout! Love how you stitched the different hexagon halves together! I love all the new stuff this time of year because all the releases have such fun bright colors for spring and summer. I definitely have my eye on some new Echo Park.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'm late finishing the blog hop but wanted to let you know I love your LO..the buttons and stitching!

    ReplyDelete