Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ballinsanity!


It's been a rainy, rainy, rainy, rainy day, and that has meant two things: lots of sleeping and lots of scrapping.  Thus, it has been a splendid Sunday, as you might imagine.  I needed the break, especially since I am about to dive into the last week of the third quarter beginning tomorrow, and I'll need all of the energy that I can muster.  I'm about to shift from playing with papers to grading papers, but before I do, allow me to share my current Calvinball/Calvinblog totals:

Calvinball points: 3
Calvinblog points: 4

Since BOTH of the projects that I created today are related to online challenges ("12 on the 12th" and the weekly October Afternoon challenge, which will be up at midnight HST on the OA blog), I've also earned two bonus points. Score!   Kudos to Marianne, for adding this rule.

ETA: I almost forgot!  I also got a point for adding a Calvinball Facebook post.

Bonus Point Total:  3

Progress!  Hooray!

Recently, Doris also established some of the "basic" rules on the JBS Message Board thread:
the rules:
1. the rules are subject to change at any time by anyone.
2. layouts = 1 point
3. the layout is the gold standard. all other projects are measured against the almighty layout.  for example, 2 cards = 1 point, 2 mini-album spreads = 1 point (unless it's a mega mini and then 1 spread might be one point or if it's a micro mini 4 spreads might be one point. this is where making up the rules as you go comes in handy), altered art pointage is awarded at the viewers discretion (there might be arguments. it's calvinball).
4. smack talking is expected.
5. cheering on your teamates is also expected.
6. the reward is the huge feeling of accomplishment at the end of the month!
Newbies also get a point for their first layout.  Those deserving pity also receive pity points. I haven't earned any of those YET.

I can't share the two layouts that I created today just yet, but I will soon!  Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Looking fab! Can't wait to see more! I've been wondering what all the talk about "Calvinball" is! LOL I'll have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete