Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Power of a Sketch

You know what I love about sketches?
They provide a sense of direction for a layout.
They take the guesswork out of where to place everything.
They are forgiving and adaptable.
They allow for innovation.
They invite so many different interpretations.
They just make everything easier.

I'm always happy when it's my turn to post the sketch challenge on the October Afternoon blog.  Even when I'm the one creating the sketch in the first place, I still never really know where it will take me.  This week, Amy Heller joined me in using the following sketch as a springboard:
Here's my take on the sketch:
Can you tell that I am excited for Easter?  :)  I had so much fun mixing papers from the Sasparilla, Sidewalks, Boarding Pass, and Cakewalk lines here.  This pink, mint green, and aqua combo reminds me of flowers in bloom and blue skies -- it's the perfect springtime mix.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. love the sketch and the layout (as ever!!) you are so very talented!!

    ReplyDelete